Friday 5 September 2014

New beginnings

So we are finally settled in Abu Dhabi after relocating from sunny Scotland and it is time to get my yoga pants on and get back on the mat.

I've already been doing a bit of teaching, which I'm really enjoying and, as always, have found that yoga is a great way of making friends fast.  My ego is also busy loving how much more flexible I am in the heat!  As part of my new adventure I decided it would be good to blog about my attempts to apply the ethos of seasonal yoga practice to a place where it is hot all year round, tight clothes are frowned upon, and wealth often seems to be more important than health. It's going to be an interesting journey!

At the beginning of each season I'll be posting some yoga, diet and lifestyle information and some thoughts on how these might translate here. Then at the end I'll reflect on how well it's worked, and what I've learnt.  No doubt there will also be some interesting stories along the way, but that's the bit I'm looking forward to!

So here's the new plan (it's really the same as the old plan only the picture is more relevant now):


Namaste.

1 comment: